- 2 Packages Yeast
- 2 ½ Cup Water
- 5 Eggs (beaten)
- Peel of 1 lemon
- 1 Rounded Table Spoon Salt
- 3 Pounds Flour
- 1 Cube Butter
- Mix yeast and salt in 1/2 cup water.
- Add Eggs, butter and lemon peel, mix with 1 cup of water.
- Add flour slowly, knead until bread dough consistency adding remaining water as needed.
- Let rise.
- Role out and cut into rectangles of even size.
- Cut inch wide strips down center leaving a inch connection at either side of pastry.
- Fry in vegetable oil over Med/High heat.
- Remove from oil when golden brown, and place on paper towel to drip.
- While still hot, sprinkle with Cinnamon/sugar.
- Serve warm.